STRING PERFORMANCE & RECORDING OPTIONS:
LOCAL (GREATER METROPOLITAN Los Angeles)
- Available for live shows and rehearsals with solo artists and bands.
- Available for in-person studio recording sessions.
- Travel rates may apply depending on distance from Hollywood.
WORLDWIDE Easy, efficient online recording
- Simply e-mail your track as an .mp3 or .wav from wherever you are in the world.
- Briefly explain what you hope to achieve on your track (solo violin, doubled parts, harmonized string sections, etc.)
- Koi will import your track and then record and sync high-quality string tracks from her fully equipped home studio.
- You will receive a high-quality audio file or set of files depending on how many separate parts are needed, along with a reference track so you can hear how it all fits together.
- Typical turnaround time is 3-5 days depending on tour/performance schedule, but rush orders can usually be accommodated.
- Even within Los Angeles, major clients often request home recordings in lieu of in-person studio time due to ease and cost savings without having to compromise quality. They sound that good!
- You will not find a faster or more convenient way to get high-quality strings on your songs. Why use keyboard synth string patches when you can easily get the real thing?
- High-quality Focusrite preamps are used to record electric violin direct, and a Rode NT-1a condenser microphone is available to capture the warmth of amplified sound with or without room ambience, as needed.
Please scroll down for electric and acoustic violin audio samples, or visit the "Audio" tab on this website for additional recording examples.
You do not have to supply sheet music or chord charts.
If, however, you do have specific arrangements in mind, sheet music is welcomed.
Very reasonable rates depending on the size and scope of your project.
SAMPLE 1: ELECTRIC VIOLIN soundtrack recording, currently ~30,000 youtube views and a very happy client.
Electric violin recorded using Rode NT-1a and Fishman acoustic amplifier
Sample 2: 18th century violin recorded in the studio of hollywood producer Jess jAckson for major client, 7.5 million views and counting
Traditional studio and overhead mic setup for 18th century German acoustic wood violin.